Reporting the news since 1914

The Blue & Gold

Reporting the news since 1914

The Blue & Gold

Reporting the news since 1914

The Blue & Gold

Golf Calls for Personal Drive
By Clara Laskowski, Staff Writer • Apr 9, 2024
WWJD: Not Just a Jewelry Trend
By Camille Gipson, Staff Writer • Apr 9, 2024
Meet Centro Hispano Marista
By Reese Sullivan, Staff Writer • Apr 4, 2024

Camp 3790: Climbing, Bracelets, and More!

Ninth graders work and bond as a class to make future service possible
Mary Caroline Sedki watches and listens as Lilly Schaffer demonstrates for her and others how to make a Camp 3790 bracelet.

Named for the address of our school, Camp 3790 brings the ninth grade class together before they embark on their high school journey.

Earlier this term, ninth graders made their way to Sojourn Adventures, where they rock climbed, played games, and participated in team bonding exercises. Facilitated by members of the senior class, groups engaged in discussions aimed at bringing these students closer together.

They built friendship bracelets, made sandwiches for The Sandwich Project Atlanta, and wrote letters for the elderly through Christ the King Church.

Apart from gradewide bonding, camp 3790 also provided opportunities for older students to connect with younger ones. Leader Lyric Hoff had nothing but good things to say. “Camp 3790 was a great experience for me as a senior getting to know the freshmen,” she said. She loved “being able to take part in their welcoming process to Marist.”

The ultimate goal of the camp is to welcome new students while strengthening old bonds from middle school.

Engaging in service together in gave the ninth graders a chance to work towards a common goal. Service is a core value of our school, and these projects made the day about more than the Marist community.

It introduced the ninth grade class to our values at Marist, and likely to one another as well.

About the Contributor
Stella Chambless
Stella Chambless, Public Relations
Stella joined The Blue and Gold in 2020 to inform and interest the Marist student body. Outside of writing, she enjoys running for the cross country and track teams. She is also an avid reader, and her favorite book is Beloved by Toni Morrison.